PROSPECTIVE PARTNER PRIVACY
Prospective Partner privacy
If we are discussing a prospective partnership :
- We keep to a minimum the information we hold about you
- We use your data to determine your suitability to be employed by us or to partner with us
- We delete your data when it is no longer needed for these things
- Generally, we do not give your information to third parties, but there are some exceptions
- You have lots of privacy rights
- We take security seriously
- We are happy to chat to you about how we process and protect your data
As a prospective partner, we will hold some or all of the following information about you:
- Your name, identity and contact information
- Information about your experience, skills and our assessment of you
- Information about your business activities and suitability to partner with us
- Information and documents about your matters or enquiries, including communications with you
We use the information we hold about you or your business to enable us assess your suitability for a partnership. The legal basis for processing this data is Legitimate Interests: we are using your data in in ways you would reasonably expect given that you’d like to partner with us.
Your data and the EEA
We only transfer data outside of the EEA if it is to a country or organisation that is deemed by the EU to have adequate protection of data. For example, our cloud data providers in the US are all signed up to the Privacy Shield.
Data about prospective employees or partners: duration of your relationship with us, then seven years, plus our back up duration one year. It is possible that details may remain in emails and email address books for longer than this. We are working on a way to remedy this.
Like most modern businesses we take full advantage of SaaS internet-based tools that allow us to provide exceptional service quickly and economically without having to invest in and manage our own infrastructure. We use the following services which necessitate us sharing your information:
- An internet-based project management solution
- An internet-hosted email service
All of these solutions are provided by well-know, established companies that have comprehensive data management and data security policies and procedures. We may also share your information with:
- Third-party vetting agencies — this is necessary to ensure the security of our solutions
- References that you provide us
You have lots of rights in respect of our processing of your personal data. The relevant rights are:
- Request a copy of your personal data and information about our processing of it
- Request that we delete information on you if we do not need to hold it
- Request that we correct any personal data that we hold on you
- Request that we stop processing your data, although we can still hold it
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please just contact us. You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with a supervisory authority — if you are based in the UK that will be the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
All our laptops, phones and tablets are protected by passwords and/or biometric security such as finger prints.
Our servers and desktop computers are protected by physical security. The ability to log on to all these devices is restricted to members of staff, each having their own unique log on credentials. If you have particular security requirements, please call us to discuss how we can support you.
If you want to talk to us about this, the person in charge of Data Protection is Tim Williams. You can email him on privacy (at) innovatise.com