RESELLER OR CUSTOMER PRIVACY
Reseller or Customer privacy
If you are one of our Resellers or a Customer (you work for a brand that has an app that we provide):
- We keep to a minimum the information we hold about you
- We use your data to provide our services to you, meet our legal obligations, and improve our website
- We delete your data when it is no longer needed for these things
- Generally, we do not give your information to third parties, but there are some exceptions
- You have lots of privacy rights
- We take security seriously
- We are happy to chat to you about how we process and protect your data
As a Reseller or Customer, we will hold some or all of the following information about you:
- Your name, identity and contact information
- Information about your business activities
- Information and documents about your business with us, including communications with you
- Quotations, invoices, billing and payment information
We also generate log files from various servers: this will include an IP address assigned to you or, more likely, to someone who provides you with Internet access.
The cookies we use only contain anonymous information to improve the services we offer, and do not contain personal information.
It is also important to point out that not all cookies used by this website are created by us. These cookies (referred to as third party cookies) are covered below:
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics tool provided by Google, to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Google can provide more details about their cookies.
Providing our mobile app solution services
We use the information we hold about you and your business to enable us to provide you with our mobile app solution services.
- We use your information to bill you and keep track of payments that you make – this is to fulfil the contractual obligations we have with each other
- We use your information to track what solution options you’ve taken up and to market new options to you
- We use your information to provide support to you, answer queries and resolve problems
- We may use the logs from our servers to assist in our company’s security, as well as to determine visitor behaviour and help us plan our strategy (e.g. such as working out which pages on the site are most popular, or whether particular events have caused an increase in traffic)
In some cases we provide our solution through Reseller partners. The Resellers sell to end-user Customers and provide 1st-level support to those Customers. We may process your information as above if you are a Reseller, and we may process your information as above if you are a Customer of one of our Resellers.
The legal basis for processing this data is Legitimate Interests: we are using your data in in ways you would reasonably expect given that you’d like to purchase and use our services.
Your data and the EEA
We only transfer data outside of the EEA if it is to a country or organisation that is deemed by the EU to have adequate protection of data. For example, our cloud data providers in the US are all signed up to the Privacy Shield.
Data about Resellers, Clients and Prospects: duration of your relationship with us, then seven years, plus our back up duration one year.
It is possible that details may remain in emails and email address books for longer than this. If you can figure out how to delete these, start a company and give us a call when your solution is up and running and we may buy if from you.
Like most modern businesses we take full advantage of SaaS internet-based tools that allow us to provide exceptional service quickly and economically without having to invest in and manage our own infrastructure.
We use the following services which necessitate us sharing your information:
- An internet-based customer invoicing solution which includes quotation and invoice handling
- An internet-hosted email service
- Several internet-hosted business messaging solutions
- An internet-hosted cloud storage solution
- An internet-hosted CRM solution
All of these solutions are provided by well-know, established companies that have comprehensive data management and data security policies and procedures.
You have lots of rights in respect of our processing of your personal data. The relevant rights are:
- Request a copy of your personal data and information about our processing of it
- Request that we delete information on you if we do not need to hold it
- Request that we correct any personal data that we hold on you
- Request that we stop processing your data, although we can still hold it
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please just contact us.
Please note that your right to exercising some of these may be restricted by contracts you have with us. For example, if you have a long-term contract with us, we need to be able to hold personal information in order to bill you for our service.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing with a supervisory authority — if you are based in the UK that will be the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office.
All our laptops, phones and tablets are protected by passwords and/or biometric security such as finger prints.
Our servers and desktop computers are protected by physical security.
The ability to log on to all these devices is restricted to members of staff, each having their own unique log on credentials.
If you have particular security requirements, please call us to discuss how we can support you.
If you want to talk to us about this, the person in charge of Data Protection is Tim Williams. You can email him on privacy (at) innovatise.com